ok So I folund this recipe on pintrest, and have decided that I will make these delcious looking cookies in the near future ❤
I don’t know where the original recipe came from, but if it is yours then let me know, and I will be more than happy to give you your credit 🙂
What I need: [Makes 22 cookies of the size shown]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter [softened]
- 7 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder [use aluminium free]
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp thick crushed fresh strawberry mix [homemade by crushing strawberries with 1 tsp of milk [if required]+2 drops of red food color] [the quantity of strawberry mix will vary depending upon the consistency,please be judgemental]
- Nutella [for filling]
How I did it:
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together in a bowl.Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar using a hand-held mixer for about 4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and crushed strawberry to the bowl and combine well with the butter mixture using a whisk.
- Fold in the flour mixture with the butter mixture gently to form a dough.The dough will be soft and a little sticky but not loose.Do not over mix. You might need to oil your hands and bring the dough together.
- Once combined, cover the dough with a plastic cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C.
- Line your cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Take out the refrigerated dough,lightly oil your palms and make small balls with it.Put the balls on the cookies sheet and press down slightly to flatten out.
- With the help of your thumb or back of a tea-spoon make a small hole in the middle of the cookies where u ll fill the nutella after baking.
- If at this point you feel that the butter in the cookies is melting, refrigerate again for about 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 8-12 minutes or untill the bottom starts turning brown. Mine took 10 minutes exact.Do not bake them beyond 12 mins.These will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven.
- Take out the cookie sheet from the oven and using the teaspoon again press out the hole in the cookies.You will not be able to do this after the cookies have cooled.
- Once the cookies have cooled, fill in the nutella in the little holes in the cookies.
- Serve with cold milk.
I have adjusted these from a basic recipe here .Notes:
- The consistency of strawberry mix is of real importance.Make a thick, almost paste like mix in your processor/blender.If some bits remain, it does not matter but the mix should not be runny or watery.
- The color of cookies/dough can differ depending on how red your strawberries are.I chopped off the white portions and used red part only.
- I made my cookies less sweet because with nutella filling they could be very overwhelming.
- The dough can be slightly difficult to work with,but refrigerate and it will be manageable.
- Since every oven is different, the time of baking may vary from appliance to appliance.
- You can fill in the cookies with any jam or melted chocolate chips too.